Role, responsibilities and requirements:
- To work with a named child, as directed by the class teacher and/or SENCo, to support subjects and learning across the whole curriculum
- To establish a supportive, caring and secure relationship with the child, promoting respect, self esteem and a positive attitude
- To develop knowledge and understanding of the specific academic, physical and emotional/behavioural/medical needs of the child and respond to them effectively
- Setting up classrooms, preparing resources and displays and tidying and clearing away
- Helping class teacher with other aspects of the classroom as and when required
To be considered for this role you would need to have:
- Ideally teaching assistant Level 2 or 3 qualification
- Ideally Worked with children in the 5 years
- Right to work in the UK.
What to expect from Excell:
- Competitive pay (paid weekly)
- Consideration for all long-term opportunities with the potential to become permanent.
- Recommend a Friend – Earn £500 per referral
- Entry to our ‘Temp of the Term’ award
- Support and advice from our professional mentors including lesson observations
- Access to a full calendar of CPD opportunities in the form of our Twilight Training Programme and other courses delivered during the school holidays.
- A dedicated consultant who will provide an honest and trustworthy service – we listen to your needs.
As members of the REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation) and Umbrella body to the DBS, (Disclosure & Barring Service) Excell Supply is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children. All applicants will be subject to through employment checks and must have an Enhanced DBS certificate in place.
Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one.
If you believe you have the skills required for this role, please apply now. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of the vacancy closing date you should assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Important Notice In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa.
Excell Supply are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its clients. It is Excell Supply policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days.
However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained.
Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Excell Supply is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients