Job Role: ALN Teaching Assistant
Location: Newtown Powys
Days/Hours of Work: Monday to Friday (8:50am – 15:20pm)
Pay: £11.41 – £12.50 per hour (Depending on age, experience and qualifications)
Job details :-
We are currently recruiting for a full-time ALN teaching assistant who either have previous experience working with children/adults with ADHD, PMLD, BESD, MLD, ASD, or have the drive and personality traits that will make you a successful candidate.
Responsibilities and requirements :-
- Supporting children across the curriculum, often with a particular focus on maths, reading and writing.
- Giving extra help to children with ALN or those for whom English is not their first language.
- Motivating and encouraging pupils as well as assisting with marking and correcting work.
- Helping with school events, trips, and activities.
- Excellent behaviour management skills
- Experience working with students with challenging behaviour
- Transferrable skills such as teamwork, initiative, flexibility, adaptability, remaining calm under pressure, caring and helpful.
What to expect from us :-
- Excellent rates of pay
- Work where and when you want to
- Recommend a Friend Scheme – earn up to £500 per referral!
- A designated Account Manager, who is your one main point of contact and has strong working relationships with schools in your area
- Opportunity for permanent positions
- Support and advice from our expert professional mentors, including lesson observations
- Access to a full calendar of CPD opportunities in the form of our Twilight Training Programme and other courses delivered during the school holiday.
As members of the REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation) and counter signatory to the DBS, (Disclosure & Barring Service) Excell Supply is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children. All applicants will be subject to thorough employment checks and must have an Enhanced DBS certificate in place.
Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one.
In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa.
Excell Supply are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.