40 hours per week
We are looking for a Deputy Manager to work in a centre of excellence for young men who have exhibited inappropriate or harmful sexual behaviours. The specialist setting helps manage behaviours through appropriate supervision and building of pro social skills and protective factors.
The key purpose of the Deputy Manager (Independence and Transitions) is to maintain and develop key practice. This role works closely with the Registered Manager and Deputy registered Manager for the community overall. To ensure this you will be required to work within the framework of good practice as set out by the employer.
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following criteria.
• Minimum QCF level 5 in residential Child (or working towards) care or
• Team leader experience or equivalent.
• Full driving licence
• Ability to work part of a team and with the present management structure,
assisting in the overall effective running of the therapeutic community.
• Ability to work flexibly and autonomously and to demonstrate confidence in role.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience of staff supervision, showing clear development and support of staff.
• Experience of working in a therapeutic community.
• Experience and knowledge of working with young people who display harmful
• Ability to establish and maintain the trust and confidence of both staff and
• You must be registered with Care Council Wales. (Golfa specific)
• You must be familiar and comply with organisational policies and procedures,
relevant legislation and guidance including social services and Well-Being
(Wales) Act 2014, Equality Act 2010; Human Rights Act 1998, Regulation and
inspection of social care (Wales) act 2016 and associated protocols and
conventions such as the UN Convention for the Rights of the Child.
• Understanding of Safeguarding and your individual role in safeguarding the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults.
As members of the REC and Umbrella body to the DBS, Excell Supply is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children, and as such all applicants will be subject to employment checks and must have a valid Enhanced DBS certificate.
Important Notice: To apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Excell Supply are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy.
Excell Supply is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.