Deputy Manager Job Description
Job summary: Deputise for the manager in his or her absence
Help with day to day management of the club
Provide play care within the framework of the club’s policies and procedures
Line manager: Club Manager
Responsible for: Play workers and volunteers in the absence of club manager
Working relationships: Children attending the club and their parents or carers
Club management, club staff and volunteers
Schools, childcare and play organisations, registering authorities
Main duties include:
- Helping the manager with planning, preparing and delivering quality play opportunities within a safe and caring environment.
- Providing support and supervision to play workers and volunteers in the absence of the manager.
- Setting up the play space and putting away, including moving furniture and play equipment.
- Providing refreshments and ensuring that hygiene, health and safety standards are met.
- Administering first aid when necessary.
- Consulting with children and involving them in planning activities.
- Encouraging parental involvement in the club.
- Facilitating good communication with all members of the organisation, parents, schools and childcare and play related agencies.
- Undertaking appropriate and relevant training.
- Keeping the work environment healthy, safe and secure.
- Working within the framework of the club’s policies and procedures.
- Day to day responsibility running nursery plus and holiday club
- Ability to support the manager with record keeping, admin and accounts
- To be registered with the Care Inspectorate Wales as a ‘Responsible Individual ‘ and ‘Person in Charge’
Essential qualities Desirable qualities
- NVQ Level 3 in Play work or equivalent Experience of working within a play-based setting
- Experience of working with 3 to 11 year olds Experience of budgeting * Current 12-hour Paediatric First Aid Certificate Competent in using IT to support play and club
- Experience of administration administration
- Understanding the varied needs of children and their Ability to work on own initiative families Appropriate child protection training Understanding the issues involved in the delivery of quality Food Hygiene Certificate play care
- Understanding the issues of equal opportunities
- Provide and facilitate safe and creative play
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as a team member and demonstrate leadership skills
- Sound judgement and common sense
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 16 per week
Salary: £12.50 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Primary school
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ewloe, : reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Nursery: 1 year (preferred)
- Childcare: 1 year (preferred)
- Management: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location
· DBS Check Required: Yes (can be gained via Excell Supply if necessary)
· Following successful checks, the candidate will be able to start as soon as they are clear for work.
As members of the REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation) and Umbrella body to the DBS, (Disclosure & Barring Service) Excell Supply is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children.
All applicants will be subject to thorough employment checks and must have an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service certificate in place.
Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one. Candidate will need to pay for this.
If you believe you have the skills required for this role, please apply now. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of the vacancy closing date you should assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Important Notice In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa.
Excell Supply are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its clients. It is Excell Supply policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days.
However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted, you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful, and your details have not been retained.
Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Excell Supply is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.