Position Title: Design Technician
Contract type: Temporary, full time, term time only, initially for 6 weeks with the possibility to be extended.
Pay- £80-£110 per day
We are recruiting a design technician to work within a secondary school in Wrexham.
The main responsibilities include:
- Preparing materials for school project work
- Support practical workshop sessions with practical instruction
- setting up equipment for lessons as required
- maintenance and setting up of equipment
- Following health and safety procedures
- Producing teaching aids and updating displays and visual material around the school
- Assisting with preperation and setting up of displays for events around the school
- Help develop the facilities
- Assist with the organisation of trips
- Support the running of any extra-curricular activites
We are looking for the following qualities in applicants:
- Experience in a similar role
- Strong ICT, practical and problem-solving skills
- Proactive and able to work independently and part of a team
- Right to work in the UK
- suitable to work with children
What to expect from Excell Supply:
Excellent rates of pay
Refer a Friend Scheme – earn up to £500 per referral
A designated Account Manager who has strong working relationships with schools in your area
Opportunity for permanent positions
Support and advice from our professional mentors
Access to a full calendar of CPD opportunities in the form of our Twilight Training Programme and other courses delivered during the school holidays
As members of the REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation) and Umbrella body to the DBS, (Disclosure & Barring Service) Excell Supply is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children.
All applicants will be subject to thorough employment checks and must have an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service certificate in place.
Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one.
Important Notice In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa.