Job Role: Economics Teacher
Location: Condover Shropshire
Days/Hours of Work: Monday to Friday
Pay: £200.00 – £240.00 per day
Excell Supply are recruiting for an Economics Teacher to teach in the heart of Shropshire at an International College.
This role will be starting January 2024.
Main duties and responsibilities include:-
• Thorough planning, preparation and clear presentation of lessons
• Initiating, facilitating and moderating classroom discussions
• Evaluating and grading students’ course work, giving appropriate feedback and maintaining records
of students’ progress and development
• Researching new topic areas, maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge, and devising and writing
new curriculum materials as directed by the Head of Department
• Selecting and using a range of different learning resources and equipment
• Preparing students for qualifications, including external examinations and university entry papers
• Managing student behaviour in the classroom and on college premises
• Participating in regular departmental meetings, INSET, college training events, observation and
professional review in order to maximise the quality of teaching
• Acting as personal tutor to a group of students as directed by the Vice Principal (Academic)
• Use of the SIMS database
• Supervising and, so far as is practicable, teaching any students whose teacher is not available to
• Writing regular, informative and individual reports on students
• Promoting the general well-being of students and communicating with house parents and/or
personal tutor responsible
• Participating in and organising extracurricular activities as appropriate and as required by the Head
of Department and Senior Management
• Complying with policies and procedures, including those relating to Safeguarding and Child Protection, Health and Safety, Welfare, Smoking in the Workplace, Security, Confidentiality and Data Protection, and reporting any concerns.
Person Specification & Skills and experience required :-
The successful applicant should have the following:
• The capability of teaching Economics expertly and confidently to all age groups 13-18.
• A willingness to accommodate the needs of students from a variety of linguistic backgrounds is essential.
• Confidence in IT and good IT skills, being able to pick up new procedures and routines quickly;
• Effective and efficient administrative skills
• The ability and willingness to contribute to the teaching of another subject on the Concord
curriculum may be an advantage
• The ability to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the College is essential;
• A background in boarding education may be an advantage
• Relevant experience in teaching, examining or in the commercial sector will be taken into account.
• Be a passionate advocate of his/her subject
• Have good interpersonal skills and have the ability to work as part of a team
• Be generous in spirit – the role is likely to require hard work and a professional attitude to the
commitment required in a boarding school
• Be able to communicate fluently and accurately in spoken and written English;
• Be confident in handling students at both ends of the Concord academic spectrum;
• Be flexible in outlook and amenable to change.
• A high-quality degree with Economics as the sole or major focus would be advantageous. However, we will also consider applicants who have had experience of teaching the subject to a
• A formal teaching qualification may be an advantage
Hours of work:-
Teachers are expected to work the hours necessary to fulfil their role to the highest possible
professional standards, and be available for all scheduled lessons, duties, meetings and other associated activities. Academic staff are also expected to actively support college events as far as possible and contribute to the broader life of the college.
As members of the REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation) and Umbrella body to the DBS, (Disclosure & Barring Service) Excell Supply is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children.
All applicants will be subject to thorough employment checks and must have an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service certificate in place.
Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one.
If you believe you have the skills required for this role, please apply now. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of the vacancy closing date you should assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Important Notice In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa.
Excell Supply are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Excell Supply is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.