Financial Administration Assistant – Grade 5 29.00 Hours per week,
39 weeks per year
Do you have experience working in Finance?
Excell are working with a thriving SEN school in Ellesmere Port who are looking to appoint a dedicated and resourceful individual to support the School Business Manager in overseeing the financial duties.
They are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, well organised and enthusiastic individual who is looking for a challenge and who wants to make a difference through a proactive and flexible approach.
- To support the School Business Manager (SBM) in delivery, preparation and review of the School Budget.
- To operate, maintain and develop the financial procedures and systems within the school.
- To assist the SBM ensuring that the school is fully prepared to meet Audit, SFVS, Ofsted criteria.
- To operate the Financial Management System.
- Creating Purchase orders on B4B system, monitoring incoming goods and matching invoicing processes.
- Liaising with budget holders and producing half-termly reports of account balances.
- Maintenance of the Asset Register
- Administration support for the Examinations Officer The ideal candidate should have:
- Previous experience working in an office / administration environment preferably within a school/education setting.
- A competent level of IT literacy (Familiarity with a range of systems including MS Office, ARBOR and other Local Authority systems; experience of Unit 4 processes is desirable).
- The ability to work to deadlines on their own initiative, manage their own workload and be able to remain calm within a busy and much interrupted environment.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively maintain a friendly, helpful and professional manner.
- The ability to work as part of a team as well as a professional discreet approach when dealing with staff, pupils, parents, Governors and multi professionals.
In return they are able to offer you a role in a fantastic team within a wonderful working environment as well as professional support to ensure you are able to give of your best and be a valued member of our school community.
This role will initially be on supply through Excell and we will support with the required checks to ensure you are fully compliant and really to work with children.
This could lead to a permanent role for the right person