Job Role: Higher Level Teaching Assistant – HLTA (Primary School Based)
Location: Newtown, Powys
Days/Hours of Work: Monday to Friday (8:30am – 15:45pm)
Pay: £85 – £110 per day (Depending on age, experience and qualifications)
About the role:-
- Working with groups of children aged between 3 and 11 (Nursery to Year 6) and supporting their learning journey.
- Following instructions and guidance given by the class teacher.
- Ensuring children’s safety in and out of the classroom.
- Supervising children during break and lunchtime.
- Aiding the Teacher, if the student is struggling to understand, then offer another perspective
- Preparing lesson plans
- Teaching classes when the teacher is unavailable and supervising the class if the teacher is absent.
- Observing and providing feedback to the class teacher about the children’s learning and progression.
- Effectively managing off-task behaviours
About you :-
- You must possess a minimum Level 4 or above Teaching Assistant Qualification or hold a HLTA Qualification.
- An Enhanced DBS on the Update Service (we can assist you in applying for this)
- Experience working within children, or adults in a caring capacity.
- Transferrable skills such as teamwork, initiative, flexibility, adaptability, remaining calm under pressure, caring and helpful.
- Experience working with students with challenging behaviour
- Examples of situations how you would/have dealt with a challenging situation
- Effective solutions to deal with challenging behaviour (with examples if not stated in above statement)
- A calming attitude, that relaxes the student if they are stressed or angry.
- Easy to communicate with and approachable
- Supportive when students ask questions / for help
- A never say no mindset
About us :-
- Excellent rates of pay
- Work where and when you want to – we listen to your needs and preferences and will do our utmost to ensure we can offer them
- Recommend a Friend Scheme – earn up to £500 per referral!
- A designated Account Manager, who is your one point of contact and has strong working relationships with schools in your area and where you wish to work.
- Always available on email, text or call if you have any queries or issues, 7 days a week.
- Opportunity for permanent positions if of interest.
- Support and advice from our expert professional mentors, including lesson observations
- Access to a full calendar of CPD opportunities in the form of our Twilight Training Programme and other courses delivered during the school holiday.
As members of the REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation) and Umbrella body to the DBS, (Disclosure & Barring Service) Excell Supply is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children.
All applicants will be subject to thorough employment checks and must have an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service certificate in place.
Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one.
If you believe you have the skills required for this role, please apply now. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of the vacancy closing date you should assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Important Notice In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa.
Excell Supply are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Excell Supply is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.