DBS Check Required: Yes (can be gained via Excell Supply if necessary)
Excell are working closely with some exceptional primary schools across the Wirral areas, to help provide schools with teachers for short and long term supply positions.
We have a high demand in these areas for Key stage 1 teachers with the current climate the schools like to have the same teachers covering the classes for continuity purposes and to keep the minimum foot flow through the school doors. These Key stage 1 roles are an excellent way of you introducing yourselves to the schools in your local area and providing the schools with your knowledge of the curriculum for future posts that come available within the schools you cover our supply positions with.
The ideal candidates for these roles will have excellent knowledge of the local curriculum, want to provide the very best attention to detail with the pupils work profiles with the desire to help pupils at all different abilities.
The schools ask for functionality, a good work ethic and teachers that are flexible to the schools needs.
Teachers from all stages of their careers are encouraged to apply for these roles and we can get you working in your local area as soon as all relevant compliance checks are carried out.
Your role as a Key Stage 1 (KS1) Primary Teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. But we doubt you’ll find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
As a Primary School Key Stage 1 Teacher you’ll be expected to:
- Take the class and work with support from other members of the team
- Have the drive and determination to make a difference
- Encourage high expectations of pupils’ achievement and behaviour
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with people from all walks of life
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment
- Recent and relevant experience of working with children and in foundation phase.
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation
- Maintain discipline
- Work marking if required
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils’ development
- Excellent numeracy/literacy skills.
- Excellent behaviour management skills.
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area
- Stay up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
- Successful candidates should hold QTS.
- Right to work in the UK.
What to expect from Excell Supply?
- Competitive rates of pay
• Work tailored to you– we listen to your needs
• Recommend a Friend Scheme – earn up to £500 per referral
• A designated Account Manager who has strong working relationships with schools in your area
• Opportunity for permanent positions
• Support and advice from our professional mentors including lesson observations
• Access to a full calendar of CPD opportunities in the form of our Twilight Training Programme and other courses delivered during the school holidays
As members of the REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation) and Umbrella body to the DBS, (Disclosure & Barring Service) Excell Supply is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children.
All applicants will be subject to thorough employment checks and must have an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service certificate in place.
Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new
If you believe you have the skills required for this role, please apply now. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of the vacancy closing date you should assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Important Notice In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa.
Excell Supply are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its clients. It is Excell Supply policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days.
However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted, you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful, and your details have not been retained.