Job Role: Learning Support Assistant
Location: Oswestry Shropshire
Days/Hours of Work: Monday to Friday
We have an exciting opportunity with our prestigious client who is looking for a full time learning Support Assistant to join their team. Our client is a multi-award-winning Specialist College and offers a stimulating environment for young adult students between the ages of 16 to 21 years old, the students have with profound and multiple learning & communication difficulties. This is a wonderful opportunity to work in a happy and nurturing environment and develop relationships, which can lead to long-term and permanent job opportunities.
About the Role:-
- Working under the direction of Tutors to support students to access individualised learning programmes, within small classes and on a one-to-one basis
- Supporting students’ learning and independence in the College and community Environments.
- Supporting students with their physical and emotional needs
- Maintain confidentiality and ensure that safeguarding learners is paramount and promote a positive safeguarding culture at all times.
- Assisting Tutors in preparing the learning environment and ensuring that all resources are available at the start of the session.
- Assisting Tutors in clearing up after each session, putting work away, preparing displays of work etc.
- Providing personal intimate care to learners including the changing of continence aids.
- Contributing to the assessment processes for students
- Providing physical support to learners e.g. assisting in dressing/undressing, pushing wheelchairs, transferring and hoisting.
- Providing support at meal-times – this can range from simply encouraging, to cutting up food, to hand-over hand feeding, to fully assisted feeding
- Ensuring that learners are comfortable and appropriately positioned
About you :-
- You must have an Enhanced Child & Adult Workforce DBS
- Able to provide referencing to cover a minimum of 2 year
- Having a full UK Driving Licence or compatible International Driving licence (due to location being rural).
- Have worked with people with profound and multiple learning difficulties
- Have worked in an educational environment
- Experience working with people with physical disabilities
- Provision of personal intimate care
- • Competitive pay (paid weekly)
- • Consideration for all long-term opportunities with the potential to become permanent.
- • Recommend a Friend’ scheme – Get £500 cash for referring a friend
- • Entry to our ‘Temp of the Term’ award
- • Support and advice from our professional mentors including lesson observations
- • Access to a full calendar of CPD opportunities in the form of our Twilight Training Programme and other courses delivered during the school holidays.
- • A dedicated consultant who will provide an honest and trustworthy service – we listen to your needs.