Contract Type: Permanent
Pay Rate: £22,000 a year – Permanent
Are you currently working in education and looking for a new challenge? Are you passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people with SEN/D? Do you want a job where you will experience genuine job satisfaction?
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and driven SEN/D practitioner to work in our Telford project to support young people to thrive both inside and outside of the classroom.
Excell supply is working on behalf of a Post 16 Training Provider that works with 16-24 year old’s with SEN/D who are currently NEET or at risk of being NEET (not in education, employment or training). Their approach is very much person-centred and based around meeting the needs of the learners. Students are taught either one-to-one or in small groups (never more than 10 students, though typically around 5), so being able to build relationships is essential.
- You will be responsible for the delivery of NCFE Functional Skills Maths at the Telford centre that works specifically with learners ages 16-24yrs of age all with EHCP’s and varying levels of additional need
- There are 30-40 learners on roll, but you will teach these in groups of approx. 8-12 learners at a time
- You will teach in small groups or plan and provide one-to-one support and sessions with students when required
- Working with students from Pre-Entry to Level 2 and GCSE if required
- Responsible for comprehensive marking and written and verbal feedback for students
- To assess students’ work, progress and attainment in line with exam board
- To develop high-quality teaching materials and schemes of learning that keep students engaged
- Working in conjunction with the Outstanding and Good criteria for OFSTED
- To organise the workshop and classroom, its resources, student groupings and displays in order to provide a stimulating learning environment
- To keep and maintain student and class records for attendance and tracking of progress towards qualifications
- Plan effectively to ensure pupils have the opportunity to meet their potential, taking account of the needs of pupils who are underachieving, those that are able and those that are excelling in Maths
- To meet the needs of pupils with Special Educational Needs and in collaboration with the SENCO to prepare, implement, monitor and review Individual Educational Packages. To provide a high-quality student experience that enables students to succeed beyond their expectations
- Promote Inclusion best practice and contribute to the aims and ethos of the college
- To participate in weekly group engagement activities such as bowling, horse riding, climbing, graffiti workshops etc to ensure you build a strong rapport with all students
- To carry out student pick-ups/drop offs to and from home using own car that is covered by your own business insurance (you will be given a mileage allowance)
- Must own your own car in order to carry out student pick-ups, ensuring that the necessary business cover has been added to car insurance and that tax and MOT are in place and maintained
- At least 2 years’ teaching experience with relevant teaching qualification
- At least 2 years’ experience working with young people with SEN/D
- Min. Level 3 qualification in Maths
- Must be prepared to have a reference check carried out prior to interview
- 9 weeks’ holiday per academic year to be taken during school holidays
- Mileage allowance per mile for work related journeys
- Outstanding CPD opportunities with first class training provided
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘Join today’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, call us on 01978 280123 or contact Sean@excel-supply.com
As members of the REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation) and Umbrella body to the DBS, (Disclosure & Barring Service) Excell Supply is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children. All applicants will be subject to thorough employment checks and must have an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service certificate in place. Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one.
If you believe you have the skills required for this role, please apply now. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of the vacancy closing date you should assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Important Notice In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Excell Supply are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its clients. It is Excell Supply’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted, you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful, and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Excell Supply is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.