Contract Type: Temporary, Term Time Only
Hours: 12.45- 3pm
DBS Check Required: Yes (can be gained via Excell Supply if necessary)
Excell Supply are working with a primary school in Rhyl and are actively looking one to one teaching assistant to work every afternoon with a child with Speech, Language, and communications limitations.
Responsibilities and requirements:
- To assist teachers in providing a learning environment that enables all children to access the curriculum and learn to the best of their ability to work with and support an identified child with specified academic, physical, and emotional/behavioural/medical needs on an individual basis
- To work with a named child, as directed by the class teacher and/or SENCo, to support subjects and learning across the whole curriculum.
- To establish a supportive, caring and secure relationship with the child, promoting respect, self-esteem and a positive, inclusive whole school ethos.
- To develop knowledge and understanding of the specific academic, physical, and emotional/behavioural needs of the child and respond to them effectively.
- To assist the class teacher/SENCo with the planning, development, and delivery of suitable programmes of work for the pupil.
- To support class teachers to design, create and produce learning activities, materials, and resources to support aspects of the curriculum or learning outcomes, and to assist and support the child in using them.
- To help, support and motivate the child, clarifying instructions, encouraging independent learning and behaviour, and enabling learning targets and outcomes to be achieved.
- To contribute to monitoring and recording pupil progress, maintaining records, and providing relevant feedback to teachers.
- To provide welfare support to the child, including administering First Aid (dependent on training) and attending to personal hygiene and identified medical needs as required.
- As directed by the class teacher or SENCo, to liaise with outside agencies, where appropriate, in respect of the child;
- To assist with general school duties which may include:
- Setting up classrooms, preparing resources and displays and tidying and clearing away
- Supervision of children during playtimes
- Supervision of children entering and leaving school premises Supporting the school At an appropriate level, according to the job role, grade and training received, all employees in the school are expected to:
- Support the aims, values, mission and ethos of the school and participate in a team approach to all aspects of school life.
- Attend and contribute to staff meetings and INSET days as required, and identify areas of personal practice and experience to develop.
- Take appropriate responsibility for safeguarding and children’s welfare and be aware of confidential issues linked to home/child/teacher/school and keep confidences appropriately.
- Be aware of health and safety issues and act in accordance with the school’s Health and Safety Policy.
The post holder may be expected to carry out duties other than those given in the job description where the level of responsibility is similar and he/she has appropriate qualifications or receives appropriate training to carry out these duties.
To be considered for this role you would need to have:
- Teaching assistant Level 1,2 or 3 qualification
- Ideally Worked with children in the 5 years
- Right to work in the UK.
Following successful checks, the candidate will be able to start as soon as they are clear for work. Please be aware due to the nature of the pupil’s occasional absence, there may be days when attendance for the role will not be necessary.
What to expect from Excell Supply?
- Excellent rates of pay £11.42 an hour
- Work that you want – we listen to your needs
- Recommend a Friend Scheme – earn up to £500 per referral
- A designated Account Manager who has strong working relationships with schools in your area
- Opportunity for permanent positions
- Support and advice from our professional mentors including lesson observations
- Access to a full calendar of CPD opportunities in the form of our Twilight Training Programme and other courses delivered during the school holidays
- As members of the REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation) and Umbrella body to the DBS, (Disclosure & Barring Service) Excell Supply is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children.
All applicants will be subject to thorough employment checks and must have an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service certificate in place.
Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one.
If you believe you have the skills required for this role, please apply now. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of the vacancy closing date you should assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Important Notice In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa.
Excell Supply are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its clients. It is Excell Supply policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days.
However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted, you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful, and your details have not been retained.
Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Excell Supply is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients