Being a supply Primary School Teaching Assistant offers great potential and flexible working arrangements, which means you get to choose when and where you want to work and for how long – all you need to do is to tell us when you are available!
£11.68 per hour
Short Term / Long term positions
We at Excell Supply are currently recruiting for excellent Primary School Teaching Assistants (TA’s) to work within Primary Schools across Denbighshire and surrounding areas. We have immediate employment opportunities for day-to-day supply which can be built up to full time work or part time work depending on how flexible you wish to be.
We welcome applicants with a relevant qualification, however applications will be considered from people who have experience of working with children, either in the classroom or a nursery setting.
What the role entails as a Primary School Teaching Assistant…
· Following instructions and guidance given by the class teacher.
· Ensuring children’s safety in and out of the classroom.
· Promoting good behaviour/managing challenging behaviour
· Supervising children during playtime and lunchtime.
· Preparation of classroom materials – cutting, sticking, photocopying, laminating etc.
· Observing and feeding back to the class teacher about the children’s learning.
What we look for in you as a Teaching Assistant…
· Experience working within children, or adults in a caring capacity.
· Transferrable skills such as teamwork, initiative, flexibility, adaptability, remaining calm under pressure, caring and helpful.
· Friendly, positive and pro-active attitude
· Experience working with students with challenging behaviour
· An Enhanced DBS on the Update Service (we can assist you in applying for this)
What to expect from Excell:
- Competitive pay (paid weekly)
- Consideration for all long-term opportunities with the potential to become permanent.
- Recommend a Friend’ scheme – Get £500 cash for referring a friend
- Entry to our ‘Temp of the Term’ award
- Support and advice from our professional mentors including lesson observations
- Access to a full calendar of CPD opportunities in the form of our Twilight Training Programme and other courses delivered during the school holidays.
- A dedicated consultant who will provide an honest and trustworthy service – we listen to your needs.
As members of the REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation) and counter signatory to the DBS, (Disclosure & Barring Service) Excell Supply is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children. All applicants will be subject to thorough employment checks and must have an Enhanced DBS certificate in place.
Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one.
In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa.
Excell Supply are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
It is Excell Supply’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained.
Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Excell Supply is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
Is ‘Primary School Teaching Assistant’ not what you’re looking for? Return to our Jobs Boards
CHESHIRE 01244 455 321 | N.WALES 01978 280 123 |
WIRRAL 0151 329 2123 | SHROPSHIRE 01743 816 123