A Primary Teaching Assistant, or Learning Support Assistant, provides support to Teachers at a school. Their duties include reporting to the Teacher, working individually with students to improve their performance and answering questions about the lesson.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday (8:45 – 3:15)
Pay: £11.41 – £12 per hour (Depending on age, experience and qualifications)
About the role:
· Working with groups of children aged between 3 and 11 (Nursery to Year 6) and supporting their learning.
· Following instructions and guidance given by the class teacher.
· Ensuring children’s safety in and out of the classroom.
· Supervising children during playtime and lunchtime.
· Preparation of classroom materials – cutting, sticking, photocopying, laminating etc.
· Observing and feeding back to the class teacher about the children’s learning.
· Effectively managing off-task behaviours.
· Experience working within children, or adults in a caring capacity.
· Transferrable skills such as teamwork, initiative, flexibility, adaptability, remaining calm under pressure, caring and helpful.
· Experience working with students with challenging behaviour
· An Enhanced DBS on the Update Service (we can assist you in applying for this)
· Excellent rates of pay
· Opportunity to gain a recognised Level 2 or 3 Teaching Assistant Qualification
· Work that you want – we listen to your needs
· Recommend a Friend Scheme – earn up to £500 per referral
· A designated Account Manager who has strong working relationships with schools in your area
· Opportunity for permanent positions
· Support and advice from our professional mentors including lesson observations
· Access to a full calendar of CPD opportunities in the form of our Twilight Training Programme and other courses delivered during the school holiday
What to expect from Excell:
- Competitive pay (paid weekly)
- Consideration for all long-term opportunities with the potential to become permanent.
- Recommend a Friend’ scheme – Get £500 cash for referring a friend
- Entry to our ‘Temp of the Term’ award
- Support and advice from our professional mentors including lesson observations
- Access to a full calendar of CPD opportunities in the form of our Twilight Training Programme and other courses delivered during the school holidays.
- A dedicated consultant who will provide an honest and trustworthy service – we listen to your needs.
As members of the REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation) and counter signatory to the DBS, (Disclosure & Barring Service) Excell Supply is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children. All applicants will be subject to thorough employment checks and must have an Enhanced DBS certificate in place.
Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one.
In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa.
Excell Supply are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
It is Excell Supply’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained.
Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Excell Supply is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
Not what you’re looking for? Return to our Jobs Boards
CHESHIRE 01244 455 321 | N.WALES 01978 280 123 |
WIRRAL 0151 329 2123 | SHROPSHIRE 01743 816 123