Contract Type: Temporary, Term Time Only
Pay rate: £10.10 an hour
Excell Supply is Wales’ leading Education Specialist based in Mold, Flintshire. We are recruiting for a SEND school in the Mold who are looking for an administrator to join the school’s busy office where the ability to multi-task is essential.
The school require an administrator to work in the school office, full time initially (8:30am – 3:30pm), then leading to part time. This position is an immediate start and will be on a temporary ongoing basis. You will work during term-time and hours are subject to change dependent on activities at the school.
The school are looking to appoint someone who:
- Is friendly, dedicated and welcoming
- Works effectively and as part of a team
- Has good basic English and Mathematical skills
- Has good ICT skills and knowledge of using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- The ability to work well under pressure and prioritise tasks
- Can maintain an efficient filing system
- Can provide a secretarial service including an office diary with appointments for meetings
- Is personable and can work well with pupils, parents/guardian
- Has respect for confidential information and matters involving any pupils, parents/guardians and school staff
Specific tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Receiving and handling telephone enquiries, dealing with queries and providing general information about the school
- Deal with visitors, providing hospitality when required
- Sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings when required
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to Child Protection, Health and Safety, Confidentiality and Data Protection
- Report all concerns and be accountable to the Headteacher
The successful applicant MUST have a current DBS on the Update Service and MUST be available to start immediately. If you do not meet these criteria, unfortunately we will not be able to consider for this post.
What to expect from Excell-Supply
- Excellent rates of pay
- Work that you want – we listen to your needs
- Recommend a Friend Scheme – earn up to £100 per referral?
- A designated Account Manager who has strong working relationships with schools in your area
- Opportunity for permanent positions
- Support and advice from our professional mentors including lesson observations
- Access to a full calendar of CPD opportunities in the form of our Twilight Training Programme and other courses delivered during the school holidays
As members of the REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation) and Umbrella body to the DBS, (Disclosure & Barring Service) Excell Supply is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children. All applicants will be subject to thorough employment checks and must have an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service certificate in place. Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one.
If you believe you have the skills required for this role, please apply now. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of the vacancy closing date you should assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Important Notice In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Excell Supply are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its clients. It is Excell Supply policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Excell Supply is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.