An outstanding, welcoming and supportive school are looking for a Business Manager. The ideal candidate would ideally have previous experience in a similar role.
Your role and responsibilities may include:
• Lead on financial policy of the school, advising the head teacher and governors
• Plan budget spend of school, controlling costs and reducing where necessary
• Order goods and services, building relationships with suppliers and contractors to source the best value for money
• Keep thorough accounts of school spend in preparation for any inspections or audits
Reports to: Primarily the Head teacher, but also governors, and local authority and government departments
Other duties also include:
• Support the school’s support staff
• Handle school maintenance, with involvement in any repairs to school buildings or property
• Uphold school security and health and safety policies
• Take ownership of the school’s administrative systems
Ultimately, SBMs could find themselves working across mange areas:
• Leadership and strategy
• Finance management
• Administrative management
• Management of information systems
• Human resources
• Facility and property management and maintenance
• Health and safety
What to expect from Excell Supply
• Excellent rates of pay (negotiable for the right candidate)
• Work that you want – we listen to your needs
• Recommend a Friend Scheme – earn up to £500 per referral
• A designated Account Manager who has strong working relationships with schools in your area
• Opportunity for permanent positions
• Access to a full calendar of CPD opportunities in the form of our Twilight Training Programme
As members of the REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation) and Umbrella body to the DBS, (Disclosure & Barring Service) Excell Supply is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children.
All applicants will be subject to thorough employment checks and must have an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service certificate in place.
Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa.
Excell Supply are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its clients. It is Excell Supply policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days.
However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained.
Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Excell Supply is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients