Job:- School Cook
Days/ Hours:- Mon to Friday (9am-2pm)
Pay:- £11.68 -12.40 an hour
Excell Supply are looking for experienced cooks to take responsibly for the day-to-day management of the catering services in Primary schools in Shrewsbury. You will ensure that the service provided is to the full satisfaction of the school standards. Due to the nature of some schools locations a driving license would be preferable.
About the role :-
• Manage and supervise a small team of catering staff (1-4 members)
• To ensure the catering service is provided as efficiently as possible.
• Maintain appropriate levels of food stocks to ensure the food service can be delivered as required with the minimum amount of waste.
• Preparing and cooking all food as dictated by the menu cycle and recipe manual to achieve the required standard of food for service.
• Ordering, managing, and monitoring of stock of cleaning materials, light equipment, and other sundry items.
• To ensure the kitchen and dining room areas are maintained in a clean and tidy condition.
• To ensure all kitchen equipment is maintained and safe to use, reporting any faults immediately.
• To ensure that the Catering Team are fully aware of any allergies that any staff or students have.
• To build and maintain a positive relationship with the schools and reporting any areas of concern to the Area Team immediately.
• To work with the schools promoting healthy eating.
• Have a full UK Driving License
• Enhanced Child Workforce DBS.
• Good basic cooking skills
• Previous experience in a catering or supervisory role.
• Able to work effectively with colleagues from a range of backgrounds.
• NVQ Level 2 in Catering or equivalent.
• CIEH Level 2 or 3 in Food Safety in Catering or equivalent.
• Computer literate.
• Excellent rates of pay.
• Work that you want – we listen to your needs.
• Recommend a Friend Scheme – earn up to £500 per referral.
• A designated Account Manager who has strong working relationships with schools in your area.
• Opportunity for permanent positions
• Support and advice from our Professional Mentors including lesson observations.
• Access to a full calendar of CPD opportunities in the form of our Twilight Training Programme and other courses delivered during the school holidays
• For further information please call Excell Supply today on 01743-816123