REQUIRED FROM November 2023
35 hours per week term time only but to include all teacher training days (8:30-4pm)
Governors of a popular school in Flintshire are seeking to appoint a person who will undertake the above role in support of the school community. This is a key role within the administration team of the school.
The principle responsibilities will include servicing all the administrative needs of the school and those delegated by the Head Teacher, from the Deputy Head Teacher and Senior Management Team. A more specific list of duties can be found in the Job Specification within the application pack for the post which can be requested from the above address.
The successful candidate will be educated to a good standard, demonstrating very good literacy, numeracy and ICT skills. The key requisites of this position are professionalism, integrity and confidentiality. Additionally, the post holder must be able to work independently, as part of a team and display enthusiasm and flexibility. The post holder must be self-motivated and willing to work largely unsupervised and must be able to foster a highly organised administrative operation. They must be approachable and friendly as they will be the first contact visitors will have with the school.
The Post Holder will work with a reasonable degree of autonomy and may be responsible for a number of areas of work mainly in administration. They must have specific skills and experience relative to the role being undertaken and will carry responsibility for overseeing tasks with only occasional referral to line manager. The entry requirement recommended for this role is NVQ 4 or equivalent diploma/qualification relating to this area of work.
- Undertake School Secretarial duties including dealing with highly confidential and sensitive issues
- Managing stock processes
- Responsible for school email and electronic communication systems and to take further actions as directed as appropriate
- Marketing the school by showing parents and visitors around on occasion
- Manage the organisation of school events, trips and related administration including finance; ensure insurance arrangements made as required etc
- Responsible for the administration of invoices, School Fund and Budget
- Type letters and other documents as directed
- Liaise with Head Teacher to ensure that documents and other electronic processes for information and data storage and administration are in order
- Undertake reprographics and disseminate information as directed
- Liaise with Head Teacher to collate and copy documents as required. This may entail electronic filing and saving for purposes of housekeeping and external inspection
- Completion of statutory returns e.g. forms from LA etc as required
- Co-ordinating the content for school publications and liaise with external publishers as necessary
- Preparation of reports
- Maintaining an efficient record keeping system
- Dealing with confidential items on a daily basis
- To assist in the recruitment of all staff including requesting references, inviting for interview etc and making sure that appropriate arrangements are made for the day as required
- To be responsible for some of the internal and external publications such as the staff handbook, weekly bulletin, school policies, prospectus etc
- To be responsible for publicity e.g. liaising with staff and local newspapers etc when school has events it wants to publicise
- To receive visitors to the school and provide appropriate hospitality
- To undertake any reasonable duties which the Head Teacher may request:
- In liaison with the Headteachers Secretary, to assist in the updating of schools information management systems when necessary
- Support Head teacher by collating or collecting data for returns
- Support the production and input of assessment data for analysis
- Buildings and Estates Duties
- In support of Head teacher (Health and Safety Coordinator) liaise with Site manager to ensure all elements of H&S are maintained throughout the school premises.
Support for the School:
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, Safeguarding, health and safety, security, confidentiality and data protection. Reporting all concerns to the appropriate person
- Support Head teacher (Designated Safeguarding Officer) with confidential letters and meetings linked to this area of responsibility
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school
- Participate in training, other learning activities and performance development as required
- Attend and participate in meetings as required
- Any other duties commensurate with the duties/responsibilities/grade of the post
- All staff in school will be expected to accept reasonable flexibility in working arrangements and the allocation of duties including duties normally allocated to posts at a lower responsibility level, in pursuance of raising pupil achievement and effective team working.
We are a Local agency business based in North Wales, Shropshire, Cheshire and the Wirral, we have an easy registration process with no sign-up fee and the opportunity to progress your career with free training through Achieve More Training. Bring a friend to sign up with you and you could be eligible for a £500 referral bonus.
As members of the REC and Umbrella body to the DBS, Excell Supply is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children, and as such all applicants will be subject to employment checks and must have a valid Enhanced DBS certificate.
Important Notice: To apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Excell Supply are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy.
Excell Supply is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.