Excell Supply are looking to recruit an SEN Teacher to work on supply at a SEN school in Powys.
The schools provide education for pupils aged between 8-18 years old who have a range of complex learning needs, social and emotional issues, ASD and ADHD.
The successful candidate must be:
- understanding of the challenges this role may entail.
- Able to stay calm in challenging situations.
- Have a good understanding of the role.
We welcome experienced teachers and NQT’S to apply for this post, however you must hold QTS. Previous experience of working in SEN schools in preferential, but not essential.
This role is within a SEN school based in the Newtown, Powys area and they are looking for a SEN Teacher for at least 1 term with the potential for it to be extended.
As an additional learning needs (ALN) teacher you will need:
- QTS or another teaching qualification
- Ideally previous experience of working within the SEN environment.
- An excellent track record of successfully working within schools.
- Good knowledge of the curriculum and what is expected of yourself
- Flexibility and adaptability to work short-term and long-term
- EWC Registration
We are always looking for candidates who have previous experience in working with children classified as having:
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI)
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD)
- Profound and Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD)
- Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD)
- Severe Learning Difficulties
- Physical Disabilities (PD)
What to expect from Excell Supply!
Competitive Rates of pay
Recommend a Friend Scheme – earn up to £500 per referral
A designated Account Manager who has strong working relationships with schools in your area and who can offer support
Opportunity to progress into permanent positions
Support and advice from our professional mentors including lesson observations and NQT Support
Access to a full calendar of CPD opportunities in the form of our Twilight Training Programme
Additional courses delivered during the school holidays
Excell Supply are one of the preferred suppliers and work within the CCS Framework Agreement as well as having an excellent reputation across the education and recruitment industry.
As members of the REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation) and Umbrella body to the DBS, (Disclosure & Barring Service) Excell Supply is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children.
All applicants will be subject to thorough employment checks and must have an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service certificate in place.
Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one.
If you believe you have the skills required for this role, please apply now. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of the vacancy closing date you should assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion