Job Role: SEN Teaching Assistant (Primary School Based)
Location: Shrewsbury Shropshire
Days/Hours of Work: Monday to Friday (08:45am – 15:15pm)
We are currently recruiting for several SEN Teaching Assistant to work in a specialist Primary school. The primary schools offer a stimulating environment for children between the ages of 3 and 11 years old, the children have a statement of Autism or related communication disorders as their primary need. You will be required to fully support pupils with social and emotional needs in the learning process, working either 1:1 or supporting a small group of children, working closely with the Class Teacher. This is a wonderful opportunity to work in a happy and nurturing environment and develop relationships, which can lead to long-term and permanent job opportunities.
About the role:-
• To establish a supportive, caring and secure relationship with the child, promoting respect, self esteem and a positive attitude
• To develop knowledge and understanding of the specific academic, physical and emotional/behavioural/medical needs of the child and respond to them effectively
• Setting up classrooms, preparing resources and displays and tidying and clearing away
• Helping class teacher with other aspects of the classroom as and when required
• An Enhanced Child Workforce DBS
• Referencing to cover a minimum of 2 years.
• Be an excellent and inspirational class practitioner, who demonstrates outstanding classroom practice and who has children at the heart of all they do
• Have high expectations of pupils’ achievement and behaviour
• Excellent communication & behaviour management skills.
• Experience working within children, or adults in a caring capacity.
• Transferrable skills such as teamwork, initiative, flexibility, adaptability, remaining calm under pressure, caring and helpful.
• Right to work in the UK.
• Competitive pay (paid weekly)
• Consideration for all long-term opportunities with the potential to become permanent.
• Recommend a Friend’ scheme – Get £500 cash for referring a friend
• Entry to our ‘Temp of the Term’ award
• Support and advice from our professional mentors including lesson observations
• Access to a full calendar of CPD opportunities in the form of our Twilight Training Programme and other courses delivered during the school holidays.
• A dedicated consultant who will provide an honest and trustworthy service – we listen to your needs.
As members of the REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation) and Umbrella body to the DBS, (Disclosure & Barring Service) Excell Supply is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children.
All applicants will be subject to thorough employment checks and must have an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service certificate in place.
Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one.
If you believe you have the skills required for this role, please apply now. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of the vacancy closing date you should assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Important Notice In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa.
Excell Supply are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Excell Supply is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.