Primary Teaching Assistant -Multiple opportunities available across schools in the Conwy area
WHO ARE WE?
Excell Supply are working with numerous schools and are actively looking for Primary teaching assistants, for day to day, short term, long term, part time and full-time positions within Conwy and surrounding areas on a supply basis.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING AS A PRIMARY TEACHING ASSISTANT?
- Have the drive and determination to make a difference
- Have high expectations of pupils’ achievement and behaviour
- Be an excellent and inspirational class practitioner, who demonstrates outstanding classroom practice and who has children at the heart of all they do
- Excellent communication skills and be able to appropriately interact with the children
- Help the children with their numeracy/literacy skills.
- Have excellent behaviour management skills
- Be fun and able to answer the question ‘why?’ 40 times a day!
- Do 1:1s with Children with various forms of ALN
PRIMARY TEACHING ASSISTANTS MUST HAVE:
- Essential- The ability to be flexible, show initiative, be reliable, creative, and enthusiastic.
- Essential- Right to work in the UK.
- Essential- DBS Check (can be gained via Excell Supply if necessary)and following successful checks, the candidate will be able to start as soon as they are clear for work.
- Ideal but not essential- some relevant experience with children and young people
- Ideal but not essential- have a relevant qualification, or have completed a relevant course
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR EXCELL SUPPLY AS A PRIMARY TEACHING ASSISTANT:
- Flexible working to fit around your busy life- you can work on the days you want- work around your other commitments
- competitive rates of pay
- 8:45am-3:15pm weekdays only
- You will have a designated Account manager who will look after you who also has strong working relationships with schools in your area
- Holiday pay- get paid during school holidays when you are not working
As members of the REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation) and Umbrella body to the DBS, (Disclosure & Barring Service) Excell Supply is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children.
All applicants will be subject to thorough employment checks and must have an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service certificate in place.
Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one.
If you believe you have the skills required for this role, please apply now. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of the vacancy closing date you should assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Important Notice In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa.
Excell Supply are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its clients. It is Excell Supply policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days.
However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained.
Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Excell Supply is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.