Job Role: Teaching Assistant (Primary School Based)
Location: Oswestry Shropshire
Days/Hours of Work: Monday to Friday (8:45am – 15:15pm)
Pay: £11.68 – £12 per hour (Depending on age, experience, and qualifications)
Excell Supply are currently recruiting for teaching assistants for day to day, short-term and long-term positions within school hours. These roles are on a supply basis so are very flexible to work around your busy life.
About the role :-
• Working with groups of children aged between 3 and 11 (Nursery to Year 6) and supporting their learning.
• Following instructions and guidance given by the class teacher.
• Ensuring children’s safety in and out of the classroom.
• Supervising children during playtime and lunchtime.
• Preparation of classroom materials – cutting, sticking, photocopying, laminating etc.
• Observing and feeding back to the class teacher about the children’s learning.
• Effectively managing off-task behaviours.
About you :-
• Teaching assistant Level 1, 2 or 3 qualifications
• Be an excellent and inspirational class practitioner, who demonstrates outstanding classroom practice and who has children at the heart of all they do
• Have high expectations of pupils’ achievement and behaviour
• Excellent communication & behaviour management skills.
• Experience working within children, or adults in a caring capacity.
• Transferrable skills such as teamwork, initiative, flexibility, adaptability, remaining calm under pressure, caring and helpful.
• Right to work in the UK.
• An Enhanced DBS on the Update Service (can be gained via Excell Supply if necessary)
About us :-
• Excellent rates of pay
• Work that you want – we listen to your needs
• Recommend a Friend Scheme – earn up to £500 per referral
• A designated Account Manager who has strong working relationships with schools in your area
• Opportunity for permanent positions
• Support and advice from our Professional Mentors including lesson observations
• Access to a full calendar of CPD opportunities in the form of our Twilight Training Programme and other courses delivered during the school holidays
• For further information please call Excell Supply today on 01743-816123
As members of the REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation) and Umbrella body to the DBS, (Disclosure & Barring Service) Excell Supply is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children.
All applicants will be subject to thorough employment checks and must have an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service certificate in place.
Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one.
If you believe you have the skills required for this role, please apply now. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of the vacancy closing date you should assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Important Notice In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa.
Excell Supply are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Excell Supply is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.