Job Role: Teaching Assistant (Primary School Based)
Location: Market Drayton, Shropshire
Days/Hours of Work: Monday to Friday (8:40am – 15:30pm)
Pay: £11.41 – £12.50 per hour (Depending on age, experience and qualifications)
About the role:-
- Working with groups of children aged between 3 and 11 (Nursery to Year 6) and supporting their learning journey.
- Following instructions and guidance given by the class teacher.
- Ensuring children’s safety in and out of the classroom.
- Supervising children during break and lunchtime.
- Aiding the Teacher, if the student is struggling to understand, then offer another perspective to the student
- Helping with lesson plans
- Observing and providing feedback to the class teacher about the children’s learning and progression.
- Effectively managing off-task behaviours
About you :-
- Although qualifications are an advantage, you do not need any compulsory qualifications for this position
- An Enhanced DBS on the Update Service (we can assist you in applying for this)
- Experience working within children, or adults in a caring capacity.
- Transferrable skills such as teamwork, initiative, flexibility, adaptability, remaining calm under pressure, patience, caring and helpful.
- Experience working with students with challenging behaviour
- Examples of situations how you would/have dealt with a challenging situation
- Effective solutions to deal with challenging behaviour (with examples if not stated in above statement)
- A calming attitude, that relaxes the student if they are stressed or angry.
- Supportive when students ask questions / for help
- A never say no mindset
About us :-
At Excell Supply, we are dedicated to connecting people with their perfect positions in the education sector. Our team takes great care to understand your needs and preferences, and we use our extensive network of relationships with schools across Shropshire, North Wales, Chester and the Wirral to match you with the most suitable roles. With years of experience in education recruitment, we have a deep understanding of the requirements for teaching positions in your area, and we use this knowledge to find ideal opportunities for our candidates.
Examples of what Excell Supply can offer you…
- Excellent rates of pay
- Work where and when you want to – we listen to your needs and preferences and will do our utmost to ensure we can offer them
- Recommend a Friend Scheme – earn up to £500 per referral!
- A designated Account Manager, who is your one point of contact and has strong working relationships with schools in your area and where you wish to work.
- Always available on email, text or call if you have any queries or issues, 7 days a week.
- Opportunity for permanent positions if of interest.
- Support and advice from our expert professional mentors, including lesson observations
- Access to a full calendar of CPD opportunities in the form of our Twilight Training Programme and other courses delivered during the school holiday.
Candidate Attributes and Skills : –
- Strong communication skills. A teaching assistant should be able to effectively communicate with students, teachers, and parents. This includes being able to clearly explain concepts, provide feedback, and listen actively.
- Organisation and time management skills: A Teaching Assistant will often have a lot of responsibilities throughout the day. It is important for a Teaching Assistant to be organised and able to manage their time effectively to ensure that all tasks are completed efficiently.
- Teamwork – Being able to work in a team. This is vital. Working with teachers and other members of staff. Especially when working in a classroom with students with additional learning needs. You must be able to work together to best assist the student to ensure that they understand what they are being taught as well as enjoying their time learning it too!
- Teaching Assistants might be asked to work with a wide variety of students. It is important for a Teaching Assistant to be able to adapt to each different situation and find ways to support all students.
- Patience is key. Sometimes the job can be challenging but also rewarding. But it can be stressful sometimes. A good TA should be patient and calm to handle difficult situations with the professionalism.
- A teaching assistant should be able to understand and relate to the students they are working with. This includes being able to recognise when a student is struggling, academically or emotionally, and finding ways to support them with both.
- A genuine passion for teaching. A Teaching Assistant should be passionate about teaching and always helping the future generation of students to succeed. With this passion, it can help motivate and inspire students to reach their full potential. This will give you a great deal of satisfaction and make the job much more enjoyable for the Teaching Assistant.
As members of the REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation) and Umbrella body to the DBS, (Disclosure & Barring Service) Excell Supply is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children.
All applicants will be subject to thorough employment checks and must have an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service certificate in place.
Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one.
If you believe you have the skills required for this role, please apply now. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of the vacancy closing date you should assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Important Notice In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa.
Excell Supply are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Excell Supply is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.