Contract Type: Permanent
Pay Rate: £22,000 a year – Permanent
Are you currently working in education and looking for a new challenge? Are you passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people with SEN/D? Do you want a job where you will experience genuine job satisfaction?
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and driven SEN/D practitioner to work in our Telford project to support young people to thrive both inside and outside of the classroom.
Excell supply is working on behalf of a Post 16 Training Provider that works with 16-24 year old’s with SEN/D who are currently NEET or at risk of being NEET (not in education, employment or training). Their approach is very much person-centred and based around meeting the needs of the learners. Students are taught either one-to-one or in small groups (never more than 10 students, though typically around 5), so being able to build relationships is essential.
- To plan and deliver Occupational Studies sessions with learners, either on a one-to-one or group basis
- Delivering high-quality lessons that include differentiation and extension tasks
- To offer support to all our young people, including those with SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities)
- To assess learners work, progress, attainment in line with the exam board
- To develop high-quality teaching materials and schemes of learning that keep students engaged
- Plan effectively to ensure pupils have the opportunity to meet their potential, taking account of the needs of pupils who are underachieving or very able and to meet the needs of pupils with special educational needs and in collaboration with the SEN co-ordinator, prepare, implement, monitor and review Individual Educational Plans
- To create displays and information packs for learners about Occupational Studies
- Working with students aged 16-24yrs from Pre-Entry to Level 2
- Responsible for comprehensive marking and written and verbal feedback for students
- To support by participating in engagement activities where required
- To pick-up/drop off students using own car
- Ensuring the outcomes on the learners EHCP are met and progression paths are in line with EHCP suggestions
- To find work experience, employment and onward progression opportunities for students when they leave, liaising with our SEND Lead throughout this process
- Deliver quality on-site youth work to help all our young people to overcome multiple complex barriers to education
- To help create and maintain a safe environment for our young people where they feel confident to approach any member of staff if they have a worry or problem
- To understand that safeguarding is a key responsibility of your role and that any safeguarding concerns must be passed on to the relevant staff member as set out in the companies Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
- Must own your own car, ensuring that the necessary business cover has been added to car insurance and that tax and MOT are in place and maintained
- 9 weeks’ holiday per academic year to be taken during school holidays
- Mileage allowance per mile for work related journeys
- Outstanding CPD opportunities with first class training provided
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘Join today’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, call us on 01978 280123 or contact Sean@excel-supply.com.
As members of the REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation) and Umbrella body to the DBS, (Disclosure & Barring Service) Excell Supply is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children. All applicants will be subject to thorough employment checks and must have an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service certificate in place. Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one.
If you believe you have the skills required for this role, please apply now. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of the vacancy closing date you should assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Important Notice In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Excell Supply are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its clients. It is Excell Supply’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted, you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful, and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Excell Supply is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.