As part of Excell’s commitment to your professional development, you are invited to a forum with Simon Carter, Excell’s new Lead Practitioner and Educational Consultant.
This is an ideal opportunity to:
- Share ideas, tips and experiences
- Catch up with the latest in educational developments
- Create a support network
- Plan tailored CPD
- Enjoy a Danish and a coffee after a hard day at work
Introducing Simon Carter…
Simon has 31 years experience of teaching KS3-5, consistently receiving Ofsted judgements of ‘Outstanding’ and ‘Good with many Outstanding features’.
He has worked in a variety of schools, including schools in Special Measures, as Head of Department, Advanced Skills Teacher/Lead Practitioner, Senior Leader and as a consultant for the National Strategy and the Cheshire West and Chester Behaviour Improvement Team.
“Simon provides the training advice in a ‘real world’ context”
He has a wealth of experience working in schools:
- Forming and supporting Teaching and Learning Groups
- Leading Local Authority training on Learning and Quality First Teaching
- Supporting colleagues with classroom management
- Supporting and delivering staff training on Thinking Skills and the Effective use of Assessment, Engagement and Motivation, Differentiation and Questioning
As an AST/Lead Practitioner he has also provided a wide range of Inset training and support on a variety of levels:
individual teachers – providing coaching and support for Associate Teachers, NQTs, RQTs and supporting teachers from Requires Improvement to Good.
whole school – extensive lesson observations, learning walks, supporting Teaching Assistants and Learning Support in the classroom.
“There are many reasons for choosing to be a supply teacher, but as trained professionals, we all want to provide quality teaching and learning that helps schools maintain continuity and most importantly, gives students the chance to succeed and progress. The word ‘Supply’ disguises the complex and challenging nature of the job; new relationships, new challenges all in one day or even one lesson”
When and Where:
Primary Teachers Forum – Wednesday 1st March @4pm
Secondary Teachers Forum – Thursday 2nd March @4pm
Excell Supply Office (Unit 17, Mold Business Park, Mold, CH7 1XP)
Call the office on 01978 280123 to confirm your place!